Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spooky Food Sculpture

Hi folks. How goes it today? Hope you’ve recovered from all that blog partying, I know it’s taken me a few days! I’d never joined in a shindig of that scale before and while it was pretty exhausting it was unbelievably fun. I really cannot praise Vanessa enough! Can’t wait for the next one :) Anyway, I’m going to spend the rest of the evening calling in on any party posts I might’ve missed and catching up with all the wonderful comments on my own post. Thank you all so much, by the way!  I actually just reread the thing and it’s riddled with typos, though I’m not going in to fix them ‘cause for some reason Blogger always messes up the spacing anytime I try. I think you all got the gist of it either way. But still, it’s bugging me!


Right, I suppose I better post something now. How about some edible art? I thought these sculptures by Dimitri Tsykalov might do nicely, particulary after all my chat about decorative Halloween food. These are definitely far too amazing to eat, but they might provide you with some festive inspiration. Forget the pumpkins and turnips, why not try your hand at cabbage carving?!  


7 comments:

Heathen said...

These are VERY cool! I would definitely not have the patience to do this.

Thanks for visiting my blog; I love Followers and comments!

Jeanne said...

Those are great! I love it when food is used as an art medium. So creative! Thanx for sharing!

Mickie Mueller Art said...

These are so cool! Who knew you could carve a cabbage!

Ruthie Redden said...

Wonderful! Sorry i missed your blog halloween wedding party, it looked fab x x

Róisín said...

Hello there ladies. Glad you like the skulls, I thought they were pretty cool myself. Thanks for your visit and hope you're having a lovely day!
Roisin x

Anonymous said...

These are really amazing!! Roisin, you won my Happy Witch Journal. Please send my your address so I can send it to you soon.

Róisín said...

Oh Belinda,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've left a wee comment over at your blog, but I want to say it one more time with feeling- THANK YOU!

Related Posts with Thumbnails