Friday, October 15, 2010

In Memoriam

I’m a little sad tonight.  I’ve just sat down to organise tomorrow’s party post (which by the look of it is going to take all night!) but I can’t stop thinking about the post I should’ve been preparing. As I explained before, I was supposed to be taking part in an awesomely terrifying Haunted House event. Over the past couple of weeks I should’ve been taking photographs and little video snippets of each night’s performance and I was going to take you all on a virtual horror ride tomorrow evening. But alas, the show is no more. 

Don’t worry, I’m not going to start giving out about stinking bureaucrats and all that carry on again. Instead I’m going to bring you the full version of the trailer I posted back when I was buzzing with excitement about the whole thing.  Ah, what could’ve been… It was filmed at last year’s show which I wasn’t able to take part in due to ill health. I'd been waiting all year for my chance at freaking out the locals! And this one was going to be even bigger and bloodier. *sigh*  Once again all credit for the video goes to Ciarán at Stromek Design. Oh, and I’d personally recommend watching it alone in the dark! Woo ha ha ha!



One more thing, my mood has been somewhat improved by the receipt of a great wee award from the ever lovely Annalee over at Absynthe&Arsenic. Behold the ZOMBIE RABBIT! Ain’t he just the cutest little freaky bunny you’ve ever seen?  Thanks missus, he really cheered me up :)

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congrats on the award!
Couldn't bring myself to watch the video.....I knew I'd have nightmares for weeks!!!!

Róisín said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Róisín said...

Why thank you! I was passed it on after congratulating Annalee on hers, so it only seems appropriate to now do the same. Thus, *drum roll*, I now award you the zombie rabbit also! Congratulations!

Oh, and isn't that so strange about the fairies! I felt a little sad reading your comment, it was touching. Your mother sounded like she was wonderful and you're really lucky to have those scrapbooks to hold on to. They sound beautiful! My story about the spell's not near as personal- I just found it one day when I was going through some old books from when I was a kid. Not quite the same as finding it all decorated and written out by mother's own hand.

Well, thanks for calling in. Hope you're enjoying all the Halloween festivities out in Blogland!

Roisin x

[p.s. I had to delete that my first draft of this comment because upon re-reading it I noticed that I'd mixed up 'you're' and 'your' three times! I really have to start re-reading these things before I post them...]

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi darling!!!! Thanks for the spook! Blessings and faery dust to keep out the "sads"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails