Thursday, July 29, 2010

Urban Philosophy


I came across this quote a while back and instantly fell in love with it. It just sums up my attitude to life in a sentence. Maybe it’s not the healthiest outlook to have but, hey, it works for me. The guy who took the photo had spotted it on the back of a truck and one of the comments on his Flickr page described it as ‘urban philosophy’.  Lorry and van drivers of the world, more of this please!

Anyway, I’m ashamed to say but I had no idea who this oh-so-wise Itzah C. Kret was so I had to go Google him. I’m so glad I did because reading about him brightened my day! He’s a children’s writer and illustrator who also has a penchant for guerrilla flower planting. He goes around the world sneaking in places and covering them with thousands of pretty blooms. Just last year he made the Washington Post after breaching security at the Israeli embassy to plant caladium bulbs. On his website it says “he may have an obsessive compulsive floral disorder”. Mr Kret, you are my new hero!

7 comments:

TheBlakkDuchess said...

What a wonderful quote! And woohoo for ocfd! XD

Sydnii said...

Love the quote. And as for guerrilla flower planting: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Seed-Bomb/

Róisín said...

Woohoo for ocfd indeed :) Sydnii, just checked out your link and what a great idea!

Gerushia's New World said...

Okay...now I absolutely have to google him myself! Thanks for the heads-up!

Kim
Gerushia's New World

P.S. Just a side note ~ I'm having an art give-away on my blog this week! If you have a spare moment, stop by if you like!

AlphaBetsy said...

So love the quote...and the fact that it's on the back of a truck is amazing.

And guerilla flowers are awesome. I am going to have to do some research on him too!!

Kathy said...

I adore this quote. It's going into my quote book as we speak. Thanks for sharing! BTW - love the flower bomb idea Sydnii shared!! - Kathy

Rella said...

I am so grateful you visited Faerieluna and now I have found you here...I love this quote of Kret's that you have shared as I might not have ever come across it. That is the magical world of blogging.

Hello, it's nice to meet you - they call me Rella

xox Rella

Related Posts with Thumbnails