Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Never Dies


This is has to be my strangest post to date. I was browsing through some old photos the other day and I came across these. They were taken on a visit to a friend in Prague some years back and are of the entrance to a flat above her home near Charles’ Bridge. I realise that they’re probably more relevant to Halloween than Valentine’s, but there’s a method to this madness.


Apparently there was an eccentric old gay couple who lived in the apartment for as long as my friend could remember, but then one of them sadly passed on. Some time after this oddity appeared. Now I’m not saying that this is the skull of the deceased partner, though I would empathise with such an attempt to cling one’s lost love. Unfortunately my friend was unable to shed any light on the matter as the old man had become somewhat of a recluse since the death of his spouse and she had never been able to ask him.

It’s more likely his token way of dealing with the inevitable void left by the loss of his love and life. It’s strangely beautiful yet speaks to one of my deepest fears. I’m off now to give my boy a cuddle…

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails