Friday, February 5, 2010

Bescrabbled

I’m totally addicted to Scrabble on Facebook at the minute. It’s so great it’s actually over taken internet poker as my favourite online time killer. And I even prefer it to the real life version; you never have to go looking for someone to play with ‘cause there’s always someone online up for a game, whether it’s someone you know or a stranger, and you can play it practically anytime you want anywhere and don’t have to worry about tidying up after.

I’m not alone either, which got me thinking about all those poor neglected Scrabble sets now gathering dust on shelves across the globe. Worry not, though, for there are plenty of artsy types out there tapping into the psyche of our times and recycling those fiddly wee tiles into beautiful things. Here’s some of what a quick search on Etsy turned up:

Scrabble Tile Pendants


Scrabble Tile Key Rings


 Scrabble Tile Cufflinks


Scrabble Tile Earrings


Scrabble Tile Magnets



Sorry I don't have links up for each individual item but they were all found easily enough on http://www.etsy.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails